When everyone’s got their eyes on a recipe, you know it must have something special that you will want to try! That’s the case for these 10 vegan viral recipes that went viral last week. They’re some of the best, and trust us when we say that you don’t want to miss out on these incredible viral recipe creations from our bloggers!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Popular Trends Archives!
1. Delicious Cuban-Style Black Beans
Source: Delicious Cuban-Style Black Beans by Respectful Living
These delicious black beans are perfect to make for an easy weeknight dinner!
2. Speedy Sev Tamātar
Source: Speedy Sev Tamātar
Sev (gram flour/chickpea flour–fried savory noodles) is something you should always and forever have in your snack cabinet. Other than chāt, or some other kind of street food, I use it often to make this twenty-minute gravy. My mom would make several versions of this for my after-school lunch—sometimes with a pinch of jaggery in the gravy, at other times with a different kind of namkeen (savory crunchy snacks). This is Speedy Sev Tamātar by Anusha Moorthy Santosh to whip up for a while
Reprinted with permission from Vegan Treasures of India by Anusha Moorthy Santosh. Page Street Publishing Co. 2023. Photo credit: Anusha Moorthy Santosh.
3. Umami Hakka Noodles
Source: Umami Hakka Noodles
The best way to describe Indo-Chinese food would be Chinese food adapted to Indian tastes. In India, it is referred to as simply “Chinese food.” It is a uniquely South Asian phenomenon, and dishes like gobi manchurian, and dishes such as this Umami Hakka Noodles by Anusha Moorthy Santosh,
4. Carrot Cardamom Cake
Source: Carrot Cardamom Cake
This fluffy and moist Carrot Cardamom Cake by Kim Julie-Hansen features a hint of cardamom, crunchy hazelnuts, and a refreshing lemon cream cheese frosting.
5. Cheezy Dill Biscuits
Source: Cheezy Dill Biscuits
Sharp cheddar and fresh dill are so flavorful you can enjoy these Cheezy Dill Biscuits by Erin Bruns as is or use them for breakfast sandwiches, alongside soup, or as the perfect side for any meal.
6. Corn Chowder with Potato and Leeks
Source: Corn Chowder with Potato and Leeks
This Corn Chowder with Potato and Leeks by Respectful Living is warm and comforting!
7. Red Velvet Heart Cake
Source: Red Velvet Heart Cake
Anybody up for some bloody cake?! If you wanna freak your family & friends out just enough to make them gag a bit, this realistic human heart halloween cake recipe is for you. Inside this Red Velvet Heart Cake by Ivy is a red velvet cake, layered with red frosting, covered with fondant. So. Freaking. GOOD.
8. Pan-fried Gnocchi with Eggplant Puttanesca
Source: Pan-fried Gnocchi with Eggplant Puttanesca
Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, pan-fried gnocchi are simply amazing. Here they are served on top of a hearty plant-based eggplant puttanesca sauce. I have swapped the anchovies used in a traditional puttanesca sauce for nori and a dash of soy sauce. Like the original, this Pan-fried Gnocchi with Eggplant Puttanesca by Annabelle Randles packs a lot of umami, so there is no need to top with grated vegan cheese.
9. Muesli Cookies
Source: Muesli Cookies
These Muesli Cookies by Annabelle Randles are super simple cookies—naturally sweetened with raisins, banana, and orange juice—are a delicious healthy treat that you can enjoy as a snack or even for breakfast. Ready in about 30 minutes, they can be eaten warm or cold.
10. Pumpkin Pie With Cinnamon Nut Crust
Source: Pumpkin Pie With Cinnamon Nut Crust
This isn’t your typical pumpkin pie. The crumbly crust is made from toasted nuts, sweetened with maple syrup, and spiced with cinnamon and the pumpkin filling is decadently rich and creamy, thanks to dairy-free sweetened condensed milk. The Pumpkin Pie With Cinnamon Nut Crust by Gretchen Price is so delicious just on its own, but then pile on that creamy pumpkin pie filling and you are in pumpkin pie paradise.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.