How to keep your food hot for lunch
Keep your food still hot for lunchtime with these tips.
Problem Solved, USA TODAY
Are you tired of settling for lukewarm lunches at work or school? Without the right tricks up your sleeve, keeping food hot for lunch when you’re away from home can be an exercise in futility. But don’t give up hope just yet! We’ve got three sizzling strategies to make keeping that tasty lunch hot a breeze. From choosing the perfect container to exploring the wonders of insulated vessels that defy the cold, these ingenious solutions will have you on top of your packed lunch game in no time.
Plus, we’ll show you how one small kitchen item will enable you to enjoy piping-hot meals in small space settings where tools are sparse. Say goodbye to sad, cold lunches and bring on the heat!
Watch the video above to learn how to keep food hot for lunch.
Party tips: How to keep food warm for a party
How to keep food hot for lunch
- Choose the Right Container:
- Opt for a microwave and dishwasher-safe container for easy heating and cleanup. Look for containers labeled as such.
- Utilize Insulated Containers:
- Insulated containers are a valuable tool for maintaining food temperature.
- They come in various shapes and sizes and keep food hot for hours.
- Note that insulated containers don’t heat food; they retain its temperature.
- Enhance insulation by placing the container in an insulated bag.
- Preheat your insulated container by filling it with boiling water before adding your food, then drain the water when ready to load up your meal.
- Small Crock Pot for Office or Dorm Rooms:
- Consider using a small crock pot to keep your food hot.
- The smallest crock pots take up minimal space and are perfect for heating single-serving meals.
- Cleanup is a breeze with this option.
Reviewed-approved kitchen and cooking recommendations
Purchases you make through our links may earn us and our publishing partners a commission.
Reviewed helps you find the best stuff and get the most out of what you already own. Our team of kitchen and cooking experts are always testing new kitchen tools, appliances and more so you can shop for the best of the best.