Kourtney Kardashian took to Instagram to showcase the extravagant vegan Thanksgiving birthday celebration she organized for her husband, Travis Barker. The Blink-182 drummer turned 48, and Kourtney pulled out all the stops to make it a memorable occasion.
The reality star shared glimpses of the festivities on her Instagram Story, revealing an impeccably decorated table with a personalized menu and a Thanksgiving-themed tablescape. The celebration featured a delicious-looking spread of vegan dishes, emphasizing Kourtney’s commitment to a plant-based lifestyle.
In a caption accompanying a video set to Frank Sinatra’s “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,” Kourtney expressed her love, saying, “Vegan Thanksgiving for my baby’s birthday @travisbarker ❤️.” This celebration came shortly after the couple welcomed their first child together earlier in the month, adding another layer of joy to the occasion.
The video tour of the celebration highlighted the attention to detail in the decorations, with tartan napkins, red and white patterned plates, and a centerpiece adorned with pumpkins, apples, and pomegranates. The room itself was transformed with red roses and candles, creating a warm and festive ambiance. The culinary aspect of the celebration was no less impressive, with a sneak peek at the menu revealing dishes such as vegan mac and cheese, pumpkin pie, gluten-free stuffing, and sweet corn casserole. Kourtney tagged private chef Khristianne Uy, also known as Chef K, who is known for frequently catering the Kardashian events.
The festivities didn’t end with dinner, as the menu hinted at an “advanced screening of Thanksgiving,” a holiday-themed slasher featuring Kourtney’s friend Addison Rae and Patrick Dempsey.
Travis Barker, who has been a vegan since 2008 after surviving a plane crash, expressed his gratitude for the celebration on his own Instagram Story, calling it the “most amazing dinner.” He tagged Kourtney, along with his children Alabama and Landon, and stepdaughter Atiana De La Hoya, who were all in attendance.
The musician has previously shared his positive experiences with a vegan diet, noting in a 2017 interview with Men’s Journal that the lifestyle change has provided him with endless energy. “Honestly, ever since I found this way of eating, I have endless amounts of energy. I can go all day, and after it all, I never find myself getting tired,” Barker said.
For vegan Thanksgiving recipes, Download the Food Monster App!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!