Pancit is a traditional Filipino dish made with rice noodles. While pancit dishes often feature meat, this vegetable version is a light and healthy take that’s a perfect fit for healthy eating resolutions.
Vegetable Pancit [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Vegetable Pancit [Vegan]
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 package (15 ounce) extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1 inch pieces and pressed with paper towel to remove all moisture
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large carrots, grated (about 1 cup)
- 3-4 cups chopped green cabbage (about 1/2 head)
- 2 cups baby broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon dried ground ginger)
- 1 veggie bouillon cube
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sea salt
How to Prepare Vegetable Pancit [Vegan]
- Place the rice noodles in a large bowl; cover with warm water and let sit. When the noodles are soft, after about 20 minutes, drain and set noodles aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons sesame oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and sauté until browned, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the tofu from the wok. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of sesame oil to the wok. Sauté the onion and garlic for 2 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add the carrots, cabbage and broccoli. Stir fry until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tamari, ginger, veggie bouillon cube, vegetable broth and sea salt. Stir until the bouillon cube is dissolved. Add the cooked tofu, rice noodles and stir to combine. Remove from heat. Serves 8. Best served immediately. Stays fresh in the fridge for 1 day.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.